Frequently Asked Questions
Below are our most commonly asked questions. If yours isn't answered please don't hesitate to call us on 0161 790 0800 or email us..
- What do I need before I place an order?
- What is your PRICE MATCH guarantee?
- How do various discount codes work?
- How do I obtain my prescription?
- How can you charge such low prices?
Lenses & Coatings
- What are the lenses made of?
- How does the FREE Anti-reflective coating offer work?
- Do you sell prescription sunglasses and other tinted lenses?
- What about lens coatings?
- Do you sell bifocal lenses?
- What is the segment shape of bifocal lenses?
- Do you sell varifocal lenses?
Delivery & Postage & Packaging costs
- How long will I have to wait for my new glasses?
- What Postage Options Are Available And How Much?
- Do You Deliver To My Work Place Address?
- How Do I Know My Order Has Been Dispatched?
- An Item Is Missing From My Order?
- Do You Deliver Worldwide?
- What will happen if my glasses are unsuitable for re-glazing?
- Can I request an earlier completion for my order?
- Will my order fit through my letterbox, or do I need to take delivery of it in person?
- I don't understand what my prescription says
- Can I use my contact lens prescription for ordering glasses?
- What is my Pupilary Distance (PD), and how do I obtain it?
- I entered some information incorrectly! What do I do?!
- What if my frames need adjustment after I receive them?
- What is your guarantee policy?
- Can I get a refund on postage costs?
- Can I exchange my glasses for a higher priced pair?
- What are the available methods of payment?
- Do you accept NHS Glasses Vouchers?
- Is the payment page secure?
2 FOR 1 Offer
- Can i have one pair made to my distance and the free pair made to my reading prescription?
- Do both pairs include FREE single vision lenses?
- Can i order my free second pair with extra coatings?
- How does the 2 for 1 offer work?
- Do I pay extra postage for my FREE second pair?
- Does The 2 For 1 Offer include Designer Sunglasses, Re-glaze or accessories?
- If i want to buy one pair of glasses, can i get any discount if i opt to not take up the 2 for 1 offer?
- Can I just order frames with lenses that have no prescription in them?
- Can you read my prescription off my existing glasses?
- Can you reglaze (i.e. put new lenses into my existing frames) my existing frames?
- Can you reglaze any kind of frames?
- What do the frame measurements mean?
- My question isn't answered here. How do I get in touch?
1. What do I need before I place an order?
Before placing an order with us, you will need the following:
- A recent prescription from a qualified optician (recent means less than two years old or you are not due an eye test since you were issued your most recent prescription)
- The desire to save a bundle on your new glasses
- There is no 3
Ordering glasses online is easier than most people would think, but if you do get stuck during the process of ordering on our website then please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
Note: If you are awaiting to have your eye test and in the meantime would like to place your order. On step 4, instead of inputing your prescription details, simply select "send it to us: You can email, post or FAX us your prescription (or a scan or photocopy), or just phone and tell us" By doing this, your order will be on hold until we receive your prescription copy when you are able to send it along.
2. What is your PRICE MATCH guarantee?
We at GlassesComplete promise that you are buying your glasses at the lowest price online.
Please note that the following conditions apply:
You must provide us with sufficient evidence of the alternative price. This should be via a webpage link, email, fax, or a written quote [letter headed].
The total price must include the cost of the frames, case, cloth, delivery, single vision lenses, VAT, or any other additional costs incurred.
The lower price must include the same warranty/guarantee terms
The price elsewhere can not be part of a special offer/promotion
The frame model, colour and size must be exactly the same, including the lens type and requirements.
The website offering the lower price must a Practising Optician based in the UK, otherwise there is no guarantee whether the glasses are Authentic or replica.
Please note that Price Match promise can not be honoured with any other offers on our website.
3. How do various discount codes work?
- Discount code is applied at checkout.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Expiry date is disclosed upon email/phone request.
- Minimum spend is disclosed upon email/phone request.
- Depending on the code, it could be used once or more by same customer.
- Discount code can be activated/deactivated by glassescomplete without notice .
4. How do I obtain my prescription?
Simply go to any high-street optician for an eye examination. They will give you all the details you will need to complete an order on our website.
If you're worried about feeling rude asking for your prescription and not buying anything from them then don't! It's perfectly normal, and they will never refuse to give you your details. They are legally obliged to give you a copy if you request one, and you are also under no obligation to buy frames or lenses from the optician you obtained your prescription from.
5. How can you charge such low prices?
We're glad you asked! It's actually very simple. For years, the only place you could buy prescription glasses was in a high-street or specialist opticians store. With the advent of the Web it seemed natural to start using it as a platform for commerce, because there are several benefits that the "brick and mortar" stores simply can't enjoy. For instance:
- We don't have to pay high rents for large high street shops
- We don't have to employ a large number of retail sales staff as high street stores do
- We aren't limited to the number of different frames we offer, because we have an inifinite amount of "wall space" to display our stock
- We have years of honest reliable relationships and contacts with fellow optical manufacturers and optical laboratories
Ultimately what it all comes down is great savings on great glasses for you and your family.
Lenses & Coatings
1. What are the lenses made of?
Our optical lenses are made from high quality CR39 plastic material for most of our glasses. These are the most popular optical lens, the same lenses as used in all high street opticians as well as our practice. Our 'thin' lenses use a higher index material to make the lens thinner and lighter.
If you require glass lenses, call our customer services line to discuss the prices on 0161 790 0800 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
2. How does the FREE Anti-reflective coating offer work?
- Any order including a reglaze order or a new pair of glasses over £25 will automatically qualify for a FREE Anti-reflective coating on their new glasses.
- If you opt to take advantage of our '2 for 1' or any other offer, 'FREE Anti-reflective' coating offer will not apply.
- Do not select the Anti-reflective coating option when placing your order, otherwise you will be charged for it. The FREE coating will be applied automatically if the order placed is above £25.
- This offer includes non-complex stock prescription single vision lenses only [excludes bifocals, varifocals].
- If you do not want to have the anti-reflective coating, please notify us via email upon placing your order.
- Feel free to contact us if you require any further information .
3. Do you sell prescription sunglasses and other tinted lenses?
Yes. Most of our lenses can be tinted in a variety of shades and depths - just specify your preferred color and tint depth when choosing your lens options.
We also provide photosensitive "Transition" lenses, which are clear in normal lighting conditions, but turn to a dark tint in either grey or brown in sunlight. These lenses also include a 100% UV filter.
Please note; we are unable to offer an exact lens tint match. Upon request, we will aim to match tint as close as possible. At customers own risk if new tint achieved is not same r similar to original lens colour/depth.
If you require glass lenses, call our customer services line to discuss the prices on 0161 790 0800 or email us on email@example.com
4. What about lens coatings?
We offer a number of different lens coatings. Most lenses can now have special coatings applied which enhance your vision as well as improve the appearance of your spectacles. Some of the most popular lens coating are outlined below.
- Scratch-resistant coating:Most people choose plastic lenses because they're lighter than glass and less likely to break. But plastic scratches more easily than glass. So to prolong the life of your lenses, we recommend a scratch-resistant coating.
- Anti-reflective coating:An anti-reflection coating virtually eliminates the light reflected from the surface of spectacle lenses. This has many benefits. Firstly, you will look better when wearing your glasses because there are no distracting reflections to get in the way of normal eye contact. Secondly, a reduction in reflected light can enhance your vision and reduce eye strain. For example, helps reduce headlight glare when driving at night. It is also recommended for computer users.
- UV-400 protective coating:Excessive exposure to the sun's ultra violey rays can be harmful to your eyes and may cause long term damage such as pterygium, macula damage, catarcats etc. If you are at risk then a UV filter coating for your lenses is advisable.
Note: One or more coatings can be combined.
Dedicated dispensing opticians are on standby to help; phone 0161 7900 800 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anti-reflective coating - extra £15
- UV 400 protective coating - extra £10
- Scratch resistant coating - extra £5
5. Do you sell bifocal lenses?
Yes, select to have bifocal lenses if your Optician has recommended them or if you have had bifocals before. You require different prescriptions for distance and near and want one pair to do both. Physical line seperates the distance/near sections.
Standard Bifocal lenses add an additional £35 to the cost of your lenses.
Dedicated dispensing opticians are on standby to help; phone 01617 900 800 or e-mail: email@example.com
6. What is the segment shape of bifocal lenses?
The bifocal segment is the portion at the bottom half of the lens that is used for near/close reading.
We use D28 bifocal lenses. It's segment is 28mm wide "D" shaped and is positioned vertically 3mm below the centre of the lens and the R24 bifocal lenses have a 24 mm wide segment, round shaped segments that are positioned vertically 3mm below the centre of the lens.
Both the D-28 and R-24 bifocals are regarded as standard bifocals.
The normal rule of thumb with bifocals is that you stick with the same type of bifocal lens that you are currently used to. Short-sighted prescriptions tend to be best suited to D-28 bifocals and long-sighted prescriptions tend to be best suited to R-24 bifocals. However, this may vary and is not absolute. Always consult your Optician regarding the lens type recomended.
We can tailor make virtually any type of bifocal lens including wider reading segments of your choice or thinner bifocals. If you would prefer an alternative bifocal then do ring us for an individual quote 0161 790 0800 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Do you sell varifocal lenses?
Yes, but only when you are having new varifocal lenses fitted into your existing frames - we don't sell varifocal lenses in new glasses because they require much more precise measurements. If we are replicating your existing lenses then we can use those to draw measurements from, which we can't do in new glasses.
Varifocal re-glaze can be found here.
To discuss our varifocal lenses and its prices, call our customer support line on 0161 790 0800 or email us on email@example.com
Delivery & Postage & Packaging costs
1. How long will I have to wait for my new glasses?
On average it takes 7 to 10 working days for your new glasses to be made ready before they are dispatched. However, more complex orders may take longer [up to 28 working days], so be patient if you have a uncommon prescription/lens requirement.
Worldwide Orders [Outside the U.K]:
International delivery time is approximately one to two weeks and usually within one week for Europe based deliveries.
Your glasses will be sent via the Royal Mail network, although other delivery options are available.
2. What Postage Options Are Available And How Much?
Prices for up to 3 items:
- UK Standard Royal Mail: £3.95
- UK First Class Recorded Royal Mail: £5.95
- UK Special Delivery Royal Mail: £7.95
- International Standard Delivery Royal Mail: £9.95 [Anywhere In The WORLD]
- International Signed Delivery Royal Mail: £15.95 [Anywhere In The WORLD]
3. Do You Deliver To My Work Place Address?
We can deliver your order to your place of work. Delivery address can be specified when placing your order. If you want your delivery to reach you at work, it's important that you are available to take receipt of the goods as the deliveryman/woman will deliver to the place and not necessarilly the individual person.
4. How Do I Know My Order Has Been Dispatched?
As soon as your order has been dispatched, We send an email to confirm that your order is on it's way.. From there onwards it should be delivered within the timescale we quote in our terms & conditions. If your order is trackable you can check it's progress by logging into the Royal Mail Track/Trace.
5. An Item Is Missing From My Order?
In most instances all the items ordered are dispatched together in one package, but sometimes we don't send everything you've ordered at the same time, so first of all, please check your emails to see if any of your items will be arriving separately.
If your order has been sent separately then the delivery note will state this.
If something is missing then please get in touch with our customer service team on 01617900800 or email.
6. Do You Deliver Worldwide?
Yes, we deliver to anywhere in the world.
7. What will happen if my glasses are unsuitable for re-glazing?
If unsure whether your glasses or prescription is suitable for re-glaze, please take photo/email showing your frames/prescription copy before you place order so we can have a look and reply back to you with relevant response.
If we receive frames that are unsuitable for re-glaze, we will notify you to that effect and offer you to either post another frame instead that is suitable for re-glaze or cancel order with full refund minus postage fee already paid.
8. Can I request an earlier completion for my order?
If your glasses are required sooner feel free to contact us to discuss this and we will try our utmost to meet your required delivery time. Most orders are dispatched within 7 to 10 days, however, this is subject to the type of prescription/order.
9. Will my order fit through my letterbox, or do I need to take delivery of it in person?
Our packaging is specifically design to fit through most letterboxes, however, this is both letterbox and glasses case size dependant . Therefore, we recommend it is important for someone to be available at the delivery address to receive the package to prevent a trip to your local Royal Mail depot. It could be worth specifying your work address as the delivery address when the order is placed, as all deliveries are made between the hours of 9am to 5pm.
1. I don't understand what my prescription says
Your optician should give you a clear, legible copy of your prescription to take away. They are most commonly generated by a computer and printed out, so there should be no confusion about what your prescription says when you need to tell us.
If you're having trouble entering your prescription details then we'll be more than happy to read it for you. Just send it along once you've placed your order
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: PO BOX 419, MANCHESTER, M28 8AA, U.K
- Tel: 0161 790 0800
- Fax: 0161 790 0100
Our qualified optician will read and analyse prescription and accordingly fulfil your order. However, if we cannot read it ourselves, we may need you to obtain a clearer copy of your prescription from your optician.
For more information, feel free to join in our "Eye Care Blog" which will help you understand your prescription content.
2. Can I use my contact lens prescription for ordering glasses?
No, prescriptions for contact lenses are not always the same as prescriptions for glasses.
3. What is my Pupilary Distance (PD), and how do I obtain it?
Your Pupilary Distance is the distance from the centre of the pupil in one eye to the centre of the pupil in the other.
Your Optometrist or doctor can provide this measurement, as your PD is always measured during an eye examination. It isn't always included on your prescription, so you may have to ask for it to be included when you receive your prescription. Alternatively, feel free to measure it yourself with the help of a friend. More details for which can be found here.
If you don't know your PD, or can't find out, then we'll use an average which is provided for you by our dispensing opticians on the order form.
1. I entered some information incorrectly! What do I do?!
Firstly, don't panic - given enough warning we can alter your order before it's processed. However, we try to process your order as quickly as we are able, so call us on 0161 790 0800 or send an email alerting us to the error.
Once you've placed your order you are given the option of printing it off, which you check carefully and keep for future reference.
2. What if my frames need adjustment after I receive them?
Most high-street optical stores will perform minor adjustments to your frames for either a small fee or free.
3. What is your guarantee policy?
We offer a 7-day, unconditional, money-back guarantee.
Should you decide that your new glasses aren't right for you,we'll give you a refund or exchange them for another pair of the same value. Just post them to us and we'll try our best to make sure you get the perfect pair of glasses.
Please contact us in the event you decide to return your glasses back to us.
4. Can I get a refund on postage costs?
Yes, you are able to reclaim your Postage costs when the order is returned. Please contact us first to find out how this is claimed for.
5. Can I exchange my glasses for a higher priced pair?
Yes. But the difference in cost will be charged. Please contact us first to find out how to facilitate this type of exchange.
1. What are the available methods of payment?
- All major credit/debit cards,
- Personal cheques [made payable to "glasses complete"],
- Postal orders and BACS transfers,
2. Do you accept NHS Glasses Vouchers?
Yes we do. Please contact us first before you place your order. The value of your NHS glasses voucher may vary in value in accordance to your prescription and it's relevant code.
3. Is the payment page secure?
Absolutely. We take your security very seriously, and would never ask you provide your credit or debit card details on an unsecure server. Always be sure to look for the padlock icon in your web browser when filling out your card details on any website!Our payment page is completely secure and all industry leading security is implemented to ensure this is maintained.
2 FOR 1 Offer
1. Can i have one pair made to my distance and the free pair made to my reading prescription?
Unlike many high street Opticians, we do not restrict our customers to have their second pair to be made to the same prescription as the first pair. This in turn, allows our customer to have more flexibility, choice and less cost.
You could have one pair made to your distance and the second pair to your reading prescription. Or have them both made to the same prescription. Your choice.
2. Do both pairs include FREE single vision lenses?
Yes, We offer FREE stock single vision lenses made to your prescripion on both pairs of glasses.
Coatings/Treatments on either or both pair is optional and charged appropriately.
3. Can i order my free second pair with extra coatings?
Yes, you are able to order your FREE pair with extra lens coatings/treatments. All you would pay for is the extra lens coatings/treatments.
4. How does the 2 for 1 offer work?
You can choose two pairs of glasses and pay for just one; this includes our free single vision lenses made to your prescription in both pairs at no extra charge [optional coatings/lens treatments are extra]. With this unbeatable offer you can buy two pairs of glasses made to your prescription from as little as £39. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer our promo codes. Please contact us for any further information.
5. Do I pay extra postage for my FREE second pair?
Our P+P price includes upto 3 pairs of glasses.
Prices for up to 3 items:
- UK Standard: £3.95
- UK First Class Recorded: £5.95
- UK Special Delivery: £7.95
- International Standard Delivery: £9.95 [Anywhere In The WORLD]
- International Signed Delivery: £15.95 [Anywhere In The WORLD]
6. Does The 2 For 1 Offer include Designer Sunglasses, Re-glaze or accessories?
2 FOR 1 Offer does not include re-glaze, accessories or designer sunglasses.
7. If i want to buy one pair of glasses, can i get any discount if i opt to not take up the 2 for 1 offer?
Yes, we offer a 10% Discount on One pair.
The 10% Discount Code Is: 10GchB89
1. Can I just order frames with lenses that have no prescription in them?
Yes! Just specify "Glasses Only (No Prescription)" when placing your order.
2. Can you read my prescription off my existing glasses?
Yes, if the lenses in your existing frames are from your most recent prescription (and less than two years old) then we'll be able to take your prescription from those.
We recommend you post us your glasses by recorded delivery, so make sure you have a spare pair to use while we're working on reglazing your frames. Unfortuantely, we can not be held responsible for glasses lost in the post or damaged in transit.
When ordering, be sure to enclose your full postal address so that we can return your glasses by recorded delivery.
3. Can you reglaze (i.e. put new lenses into my existing frames) my existing frames?
We recommend you send your glasses to us by recorded delivery. We will not be held responsible for glasses lost in the post or damaged in transit.
Glasses are re-glazed at your own risk as it is with any high street opticians.
Re-glazed glasses will be returned in the same spectacle case they were received in. New case will only be supplied if glasses are received without a case.
Enclose your full postal address so that we can return your glasses by recorded delivery.
4. Can you reglaze any kind of frames?
Of course! Whether you have full, half-rim or rimless glasses, you can still enjoy our professional reglazing service. If the frame is an unusual shape or size. Or if the frame has a distinct curved shape, please contact us first to discuss this as you may need a different type of lens to fit your frames correctly.
5. What do the frame measurements mean?
On the inside of one of the arms of your frames you will usually find three printed measurements - the first two separated by a rectangle and then a 3 digit number, like this:
In this instance:
- 56 is the lens diameter,
- 18 is the bridge width, and
- 145 is the side/arm length
The above measurements do not have to exactly match your existing frames, however, the closer they are then more comfortable the fit (providing your existing glasses are comfortable).
You could try inputting these values in the "Best Fit" calculator on the homepage. This will help you choose the right fit.
6. My question isn't answered here. How do I get in touch?
We've tried really hard to make this section of the site as useful as possible, so first of all we're sorry that you haven't found the answer to your question. However, all is not lost! We will gladly answer any questions you may have over email or by phone. Find out how to contact Glasses Complete.